Saturday, June 2, 2018

2018 - Day 153/212 - Saturday...1584...

I think one of the century plant blooms is higher than the flag pole, and the other one is about a foot shorter. I expect that one will gain on the flag pole before it is all over and they both die. Interesting thing about century plants, they go to all that effort to put out their seeds and then they croak. And it doesn't take a century for them to do it either, it just seems that long. These original three century plants were at my mothers house in Cedar Park, and I had them moved here about ten years ago. They started out as pups, and they were pretty good size when they got moved, and they are really good size now, and they will leave a pretty good dent in the front circle when they croak, but that will just give me some more room to plant some other stuff.

There are figs getting ripe out there and it looks like, if we are lucky, that we may actually have some pears and peaches if the birds and squirrels don't get them first. I will be keeping an eye on them. They can have the figs, but I want to at least try one of the pears.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FLAG POLE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment