Thursday, June 14, 2018

2018 - Day 165/200 - Thursday For Sure...1610 Maybe...

These are my partners in crime. Whenever we get together, we get up to something. Debbie (Hoosier) and Melinda. We are attending a couple days of TREPAC Strategic Planning sessions in Austin, and we all work really hard at making sure the message gets out to all our colleagues and affiliates. Our subcommittee meetings started this morning at 10 a.m., and went until sometime after 4. Then there was a dinner. A really good dinner. But the portions were absolutely huge. I believe that each portion was much more than any person could easily consume. At my table, I took the lead from my very good friend (Steve) and got all my table mates to box up their left over food so we could give it to folks less fortunate than us. I got that idea years ago from Steve, and every now and then, there is a ground swell of support. Eventually, most of the room was getting their left over food boxed up, and the Debbie, Melinda, Deborah and I (chauffeured by Diane), delivered the food outside the ARCH in downtown Austin. Such a simple thing, and well received by the recipients.

Thanks everyone!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD IDEAS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment