Sunday, June 24, 2018

2018 - Day 175/190 - Sunday...1577...

Success. Tenacity prevails over bureaucratic ineptitude. This traffic sign on FM 972 in Walburg has read 'Drive Safe' for months and months. I called the county, the city (Georgetown), the Texas Department of Public Safety and a couple county commissioners to try to get them to make the sign grammatically correct. I assumed my requests (phone calls and e-mails) had fallen on deaf ears (and grammatically ill prepared public servants). BUT, lo and behold, Jody and I were returning from Georgetown yesterday, and the sign had been corrected. I almost ran into the ditch. Today, I stopped and took this photographic documentation of the correction, and I am posting it for you to enjoy. Never say never...

I made some accomplishments in the home office today, and for those things, I am pretty proud. I also changed the other three exterior hose bibs, and I am pretty proud of that. The chicken coop is fresh and somewhat cleaner (chickens are dirty birds), and I am still watering. I watered this morning until about 11 and started back again at about 6. I will keep it going until about 9 this evening, and that will be it for the day.

Doctors appointments in the morning for both of us, our annual check-ups. No big deal, in and out, nobody gets hurt, and the guy never even offers to buy me dinner.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SAFELY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment