Saturday, June 9, 2018

2018 - Day 160/205 - Saturday...1576...

Some of the various lilies around the house are beginning to bloom. The white ones have been blooming for a couple weeks already, and this lovely pink one just started to bloom. It in interesting to walk around and see something today that you did not see yesterday.

I cut about a quarter of the grass today, just in the front yard and a little tiny bit in the back where the trailer had been. I cut that because I hooked the trailer up to the truck and took the Polaris in to be repaired. If they can get it to work like a new Polaris, I will be really happy. We bought it in 2012, and it only has about 95 hours on it, so it is time for it to work properly. And while we were at it, we picked up the other walk-behind mower ($90) and the pressure washer ($120 plus the diagnosis fee). There you go JoeMac! Those two items are still in the back of the truck, but the trailer is now back where it is supposed to be.

I also painted all the wood walks out by the pool and to the shelter. I used that really thick paint (with a little bit of texture in it) that is supposed to make the wood feel better on your feet and stop the splintering. So far, I have used two gallons, and I will need at least another gallon the do the gazebo. But, it looks pretty good. I did not have any intentions of doing an excellent job, just enough to let all the wood last another three or four years. It is a darker grey than it was already painted, and it has more blue in it than I was expecting. I did the first part last night after the girls went outside for the last time, since I wanted that part of the walks to be dry by morning. It worked, and all is good.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LILIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment