Saturday, June 30, 2018

2018 - Day 181/184 - Saturday...1556...

We have had 0.56" of rain this month. That could be (at least) part of the explanation for baling almost fifty acres of land and getting 16 round bales. That averages about three acres per bale. I don't think our hay production has ever been that bad. Cowboys are going to start selling their cows again pretty soon, and then I expect there will be a hay war, there will not be enough hay. We have about (okay, exactly because I went and counted them this afternoon) 333 round bales of hay. I think I could afford to sell about (at least) 200 bales, and that would leave me in pretty good shape. We are down to eight head of cattle, and I think that is a pretty manageable number for the amount of hay I expect to keep. I don't know now if we will get another cutting this year or not, but I would hope we could.

We shall see.

We had to have Jody's truck (Highlander) towed to the dealer this afternoon. We had gone in to Jarrell  to get some stuff at the hardware store, and on the way back, there was smoke coming out of the engine compartment. Jody pulled over, I looked into the engine compartment, and I could not see any broken hoses or anything, so we kept going. The 'water temperature' light would keep coming on and going off, and the temperature gauge kept rising and falling. Anyway...we called AAA and they came out and towed it. It seems we have the 'basic' AAA plan, which will cover seven miles (7 WHOLE MILES) of towing, and then it is $7 a mile after that. Maybe a higher level membership is in order. We will see what happens at the next renewal time. In the meantime, we are hoping to get Jody's car back Monday or Tuesday.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAY TOWS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment