Monday, June 25, 2018

2018 - Day 176/189 - Monday...1577...

Earl the Squirrel (Jody's squirrel, not mine) is delighted that I put out a fresh flock block for the chickens. It seems he thinks the dog days of summer are already here, and I found him splayed out on top of it this afternoon when I went out to check on the girls. All was good, Earl seemed content and not the least bit threatened, so it is what it is. I see Barney regularly. He is generally out under the truck when I come home in the afternoons. If I am out around dusk, he is generally laying in the cool damp ground of the shade bed by the garage. If it is later in the evening, he is laying in the dirt up by the road. So far, there have been no more chicken slaughters. I did see two owls early in the morning a couple weeks ago, but have not seen or heard them since. The swallows are about done for this year. I was power washing the windows and siding on the back of the house the other day, and inadvertently knocked down two or three of their nests. At least now I know it is not that difficult when the rest of them move on later next month.

Monday. Annual physical. Poked, prodded and prescribed. Two vaccinations and a booster are on my agenda, and in the morning an early call for blood work. That seems to be the life of someone on the downhill side of his seventh decade. Don't get me wrong, if that sounds sad, it really isn't. I just don't like the fasting part.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EARL, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment