Monday, June 11, 2018

2018 - Day 162/203 - Monday...1602...

It is not the easiest thing in the world to try and take a photo of a sunflower that stands at least three feet higher than the photographer and there are gale force winds trying its' best to destroy any evidence of the sunflower's existence. I had not paid too much attention to this until last night. The whole time I watched it grow, I thought it was a weed, and I was wondering how long it would take the gardening crew to pull it up. It turned out to be a sunflower, or some type of a sunflower genre. In fact, out here, this genre of flora ARE considered weeds, so I was half right. Many weeds here (and elsewhere) are considered to be more than just weeds in other places. We covet blue bonnets here, but I expect some other places are trying to get rid of their blue bonnets like we are trying to get rid of our dandelions.

It is all in the culture in which we participate.

It is also kind of a sad time for me, a good friend is going through some health issues, and it is not looking too good.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNFLOWERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment