Monday, June 4, 2018

2018 - Day 155/210 - Monday...1602...

I slept fitfully last night; every time I would drift off to sleep, my phone would announce some sort of weather warning or other kind of news bulletin. For all that, we got 0.05" of rain. There was however (and I slept through this part) some pretty good winds. We had a couple pretty good sized tree limbs fall (but they didn't block the driveway). The trash can up at the road blew over, and trash was all over (but easily gathered up). There was a lot more miscellaneous minor disasters; pots overturned, pots blown off tables, lots of leaves and limbs in the pool, just that kind of stuff. There was no loss of power, no real damage done. All-in-all, we were not badly harmed, but we could have used a little more rain. There is no rain in the seven day forecast, either.

While I was out doing stuff this morning, this was the sunrise that greeted me. The color was a deep, jewel toned red, which I do not believe is accurately represented in this (above) photo. But, it was a great way to start the day, and it was incredibly beautiful. You need open spaces to see sunrises like this, and that is what we have out here on the Edge of Nowhere. Lots of open space.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNRISES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment