Thursday, June 28, 2018

2018 - Day 179/186 - Thursday...1569...

Everyone is complaining about the heat. Include me in that number, because I am complaining about it too. My friend Bart is (apparently) in Phoenix or Palm Springs or some other desert kind of place, and the thermometer on his car read 115 degrees. He opined that it had never been that hot in Texas, and I cannot disagree with him, but in the early 2000's, I can very clearly remember a day (it was a Sunday) that was recorded as 113 degrees. I am not kidding. 113 degrees. And it is NOT a dry heat in Texas. It is a humid heat. Not as bad as the humidity in Cuba (as reported by Carrie), but still humid. We are supposed to (possibly) get some rain on next Wednesday and Thursday, but a 30% chance of rain in this part of the country translates into NO CHANCE of rain. No Melody, those are NOT rain clouds.

I am venting, primarily because of another shooting incident having been reported. The news said this is the 154th mass shooting incident in the USA this year. Look up at the top of this post; this is the 179th day of this year, so that works out to being a better than 86% chance that there will be a mass shooting tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day.

A couple years back, the most important thing I worried with was leaving only one space after a period.

Now I am on my period, and I don't like it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HEAT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment