Sunday, March 8, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 68/298, 2020 - Sunday

OMG! It is 9:10 (it is really 8:10), and I am ready for bed. I did much the same kind of nothing today that I did yesterday, only less of it in a more intense kind of way. I met Mike and Candy at an estate sale in Round Rock, and I did not buy a thing. It was a really big house, and it was crammed full of stuff, but nothing that I felt like I really needed, so that was that. The image in this post is of the Mountain Laurel that was blooming outside the sale house. The aroma of the Mountain Laurel is intoxicating. I love it. I left there and went to Ikea, where I did the whole tour and ended up with some sheet sets. I already like the feel of these sheets better than the last ones I have been sleeping on. I thought the higher the thread count, the better I would like them, but then I read that the higher the thread count, the less 'breathable' they are. So, the sheets I bought today are 310 thread count, and I have washed them and put them on and I am ready to try them out. I did two more loads of laundry (all sheets and pillow cases), put seed in the bird feeders, watered the outside and the inside plants, cleaned the chicken coop and MOPPED the newly installed linoleum (even though I will need to replace it with a complete sheet soon). Tomorrow the garbage needs to be taken up to the road, but it is windy tonight, so I will wait until morning to take the can up there. This week, I have a meeting tomorrow morning, and then a lunch date with Diane, two days of teaching Tuesday and Wednesday, a half day of teaching Thursday, and a meeting on Friday. Next week is pretty blank, but I will see if I can fill it up between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment