Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 70/296, 2020 - Tuesday

I was up early this morning so I would have plenty of time to make it to my class in South Austin. I left just minutes after 6, and there was a terrifically dense fog. I could literally NOT see past the hood of the car. I passed one vehicle going the other direction shortly after I started out, and we were both going about 3 miles per hour. It was an exhausting 12 miles from the house to the Interstate, but once I made it to the Interstate, the fog dispersed and traffic moved pretty well. My GPS said to get off the Interstate and take MoPac south. That worked out pretty well, and I got in to the express lane, just to be on the safe side. That lasted for about four miles, and traffic stopped. A car in the express lane crossed the barriers and wrecked in to a car in the left lane of MoPac and that stopped traffic in ALL the southbound lanes of MoPac. It is always something. I had, however, planned for unforeseen crap, and I still had plenty of time to make it to the class AND stop at the office on the way. It was the third of four days to present this class, tomorrow is the last day, and it has been a good group of colleagues to guide for those days. When I got home, checking the meters, the toad is still camped out on the water meter. I'll check on him again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment