Sunday, March 29, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 89/277, 2020 - Sunday

I had a rather extensive list of chores today, and I got everything on the list done, and added a few more. The most exciting this was going in to Bartlett to get gas in the truck and filling a couple cans up with gas. I was not expecting the truck to start, and I even took the extension cord and the trickle charger out there, but it started right up, first time. I wonder if someone has been 'borrowing' the truck when I am not around, keeping the battery charged? I kind of doubt that, too. I took eggs to neighbors, Candy came over and brought some home made soup and disinfecting wipes. I sent her home with donut holes, too. That is a long story, and I am not going to get into in this journal entry. After Candy left, Hubert came over with some of Pauline's home made soup, so I am pretty well set for soups right now. Everyone that comes by remarks about how well the iris are doing, but I don't think they have done as well this year as they have in the past. Without a doubt, they are beautiful, and they will bloom for another three weeks or so, so I should just be happy with what they are doing. The poppies are still coming out, but they too are just doing a gradual bloom. There are plenty of buds, and I am surprised that they are not more prolific. Maybe in another week or so. I will head in to the office tomorrow for a couple hours, just to see what is going on. This will be the first 'rent week' with all the new normals being put to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment