Friday, March 20, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 80/286, 2020 - Friday

Day two of the social distancing thing. So far, so good. Due to recent events, I am really okay being by myself. I am not 100% staying home, but I am practicing better hygiene when I go out in public, i.e., carrying my Clorox Disinfecting Wipes and using them more efficiently. This morning, I took the girls for a ride, and we went down a road that, in the 12 years I have lived out here, I had never travelled. I swear I was half-way to Bryan/College Station before I figured out where in the hell I was. But I made it home, no problemos. I went in to the office for a couple hours, and headed back home with the obligatory stop at HEB. I bought another thing of pimento cheese spread, NO ICE CREAM, peanut butter (finally), and some instant oat meal. I am still on a quest for humus (who is hoarding humus?), and I quit checking the shelves for hand sanitizer a long time ago. I had not seen Barney in at least a week, but something had been eating the cat food that we put out in the back of the Polaris. I took one of the cameras from the back of the house and put it in the Polaris, and lo-and-behold, there was Barney. A couple times. Once in the early evening and then once or twice in the early morning. There was also some sort of hairy creature later in the early morning (does that make sense?), I think it was an opossum. I don't think it was a raccoon, but whatever it was (all I got to see was the back legs), it was hairy and it reminded me of what Bigfoot would look like up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment