Saturday, March 28, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 88/278, 2020 - Saturday

I have to occupy my time someway. I can't just spend all my waking hours (all day and well into darkness) eating. SO, I have decided to try my hand at cooking. I am not very good at it. My first attempt was about a week ago, with a grilled cheese sandwich. Not bad. Yesterday, I made a grilled cheese sandwich with pimento cheese that was past its' expiration date. As a matter of fact, Jody bought the pimento cheese, so it has been in the refrigerator for a while. It was not THAT FAR past its' expiration date, and it did not kill me, and it was really good. This morning, I was wakened by the smell of bananas, so I asked Mrs. Google if she could supply me with a recipe for banana bread. I did not have all the ingredients, but I procured them, and the results were 'pretty good.' It was not even close to the very best banana bread I have ever eaten, but it passed for banana bread, and it was edible, so I consider that a win. Things I needed were all purpose flour, sugar and vanilla extract. I found the vanilla extract, brown sugar and self-rising flour. That was all they had. When I got home, I found about twelve bottles of vanilla extract, and the flour and sugar did okay, I guess. As I said, it did not make me wretch, so I think that is okay for my first time. Before I stopped at the grocery, I hit Tractor Supply, and now the chickens, birds, cat and the girl dogs have ample supplies of food. I guess that means I will be keeping them for at least the near term. It turned out to be a lovely day in central Texas, the winds turned and are coming now from the north, the high temperature today was in the low 70s, and the humidity is negligible. I have several windows open, and it will be in the 40s over night. I made an executive decision tha
t there will be no more freezing temperatures for the next several months, so I brought all the plants outside from the front barn, and gave them water.

No comments:

Post a Comment