Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 158/207, 2023 - Wednesday

It only took me 23 minutes of driving this morning, and I shot somebody the bird driving down IH-35. I don't remember what the other driver did, but it was finger worthy. Twenty three minutes and I was out of the happy place I had been in for the last ten days. Nothing much lasts forever, I guess. The big news, and it is REALLY BIG news, is that HEB opened their new store in Georgetown this morning. I was not there for the opening, but Linda and Jimmie and I went this afternoon for dinner and just to look around. We stood in line for an hour and fifteen minutes to place our order, and then it was another thirty minutes before the bbq was ready. I was not overwhelmed with it, probably next time I should not opt for 'lean.' Live and learn. After we ate, we walked around the store for a while. It is absolutely huge. There are now three HUGE HEBs within five miles of the Curious House. There was not a single parking space in the parking lot, and I have no idea where all those people came from. We will see what it is like after the 'new' wears off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment