Saturday, June 24, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 175/190, 2023 - Saturday

I am feeling very accomplished today, I had a good day, got a lot of things done, and that was good. Good walk, but the two estate sales we went to average at best. I spent three dollars. I did laundry, re-hung the bird strips at the front door...I think I may have thwarted the swallows for now, but I can't let me guard down. I tried to get in a couple naps, but that was not successful. Tomorrow I am going to do a little bit more laundry, trim some suckers off the oak tree in the back, vacuum a little bit, and maybe go to a movie. I am going to do brunch early, and then spend the rest of the day putzing around. It is still hot. It is supposed to be hotter next week. So far this year, we have had nine days over 100 degrees, and there are predictions of a couple days next week at 107. Tonight was house concert night, and I though many people would not come since it was so warm. There was a good breeze, and it was not terribly uncomfortable at all. We had seventeen neighbors show up, and I think that was a pretty good turnout. We will lay off for a while, the next house concert will be in September. Maybe it won't be quite as warm then. There were certainly no corduroys or wool sweaters tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment