Thursday, June 22, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 173/192, 2023 - Thursday

Not much rain last night, I was so hopeful, too. 0.04", hardly worth talking about. There were higher readings in Austin, but I don't live in Austin, so who cares? There were a few more drops during our walk this morning, but that will only count as a trace. I took off in to Austin about 8:30, I had an appointment to give blood this morning at 9:30. I enjoy giving blood, there is just a air of happiness at the place, everybody likes everybody there, so it is like a little refuge for me. I got in to the office, did all the stuff I had to do, then left at about 1:30. And now, for something completely different: I had a blow-out while driving down IH-35. That was the first time in my long life that I have had a tire blow-out. It was the rear passenger side tire. I fish-tailed a little bit, thought just maybe I might lose control, but I made it to a safe place to see what in the hell had happened. Honestly, I thought I ran over something, not sure what I thought I ran over, but that is what I thought. It was really LOUD, like an explosion almost. Apparently, the tires were 'drive flat' tires, so I made it about 12 miles to a Discount Tire store, and gave blood again. There are (apparently) no more 'drive flat' tires in the city of Austin or its' surrounds, so I got just plain old tires. But, I think it could have been a lot worse. Overall, all is good, I'm home, the dogs and I have been fed, and it is time to take a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment