Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 172/193, 2023 - Wednesday

At four o'clock this afternoon, the heat index in Austin was 117 degrees. That is too damn hot. No, really. Right now, the Curious House in Georgetown is reporting 98 degrees, and we are hoping that the weather radar holds up, and we get a little bit of rain in just a little while. The prognosticators say we could get up to 2.25" of rain, that would be nice, but we will take anything we can get. If we get any rain at all, I will turn off the sprinklers for the immediate future. Walking this morning was really warm, and Dick did not join us because he and Marge headed back north, they spend the summers in Chicago. Carlos did join us, and then, surprise, SURPRISE...Jack joined us! So there were four walkers, and then we hooked up with Marian and her husband, so we were a force to be reckoned with this morning. The office was good, and we got through our weekly meeting, and I had a 1:30 in Buda, then back to the office for a few minutes. I finished (possibly) the WORST book I have ever listened to. I am honestly embarrassed to have finished it, but you never know, it might get interesting. Nope. I am now on the hunt for a new book to listen to...let me know if you have any suggestions, I prefer long books...lots of hours to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment