Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 178/187, 2023 - Tuesday

If it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium. Or, maybe it's just the ROMEOs at First Watch. Our walk this morning had a couple high spots: Leisa let her pup off its' leash when she saw me, and the pup (Thor?) ran a block for her treat! That was very fun to see. Later in the walk, I saw Teri (a different Teri) walking that I have not seen in months. This Teri's house burned down last year, and they are just getting ready to start their re-build. Fingers crossed, that will start this week. The ROMEOs also have (apparently) very low standards for breakfast. Cold food, poor service, but we continue to go, because it is convenient, and it is not about the food, it is the ROMEOs. There has been no change in the weather, and the news folks say the electrical grid is on the verge of collapse, but if you go to the ERCOT site, it looks like it is keeping up (just barely) with demand. My solar panels continue to produce about a third more than I am using, and the system is on 'storm alert,' which means there is a possibility of grid failure. I think we will be okay, though, and we just need to keep going forward. The hummers are taking advantage of the feeders, even though I have not seen any in a couple days. I plan to clean and re-fill the feeders tomorrow, to make sure they are taken care of. So far this week, there have been no real challenges, as always, I profess to be a very lucky man, and let's just see if I can keep that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment