Monday, June 19, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 170/195, 2023 - Monday

Happy Juneteenth! Sadly, I have determined that I get some weird kind of satisfaction from pulling weeds. I think I need to expand my activities, and this could well be a warning signal! I don't know what kind of weeds they are, maybe nutgrass, but the have really long root systems, and it is especially rewarding when I get a couple with really long runner roots. I will be calling for psychological counseling in the next day or so. Whatever. I had my follow up visit with the cardiologist this morning, and all is seemingly well. No issues to report, everything seems to be fine, no signs of blockage, even though they just did a treadmill test. I did not think there was any issue, I did what they told me, and did not really even start breathing hard. I credit it with our morning walks, and I just did a 30 mile bike ride a month or so ago. It was a quiet day in the office, and I left about 1:30 so I could be home in time for a 3 o'clock zoom call, an update about the last legislative session and all the infighting within the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor and a couple more. The Governor is angry because there has been no real action on his main priority, so he vetoed a total of 73 bills, and said they could take another look at them when/if they pass property tax issues that nobody can agree on. Life goes on. Even though I was not ready for a photo, I was happy to see a hummer out at the feeders this afternoon. I hope that is the start of more coming to visit, after I cleaned and refreshed the feeders yesterday. Fingers crosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment