Saturday, June 8, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 160/206, 2024 - Saturday

We hit a record breaking EIGHT estate sales this morning, and we were pretty well done by the time we finished. I spent some money (I was out of action the last two Saturdays), and life is good. When we got home, I went down for a nap, and then about 3 o'clock, I got motivated to go to the At Home store in Cedar Park. I needed a new outdoor rocking chair for the back yard, where I sit while I take the girls outside. The last one(s) we had, Jody bought at Shropshire Brothers in Salado, probably 15 years ago, for $20. The last one finally gave up the ghost about three weeks ago, and the replacement (identical to the last one) cost $60. Whatever. It is hot (kind of an understatement), and I have two more things on my list to get done tomorrow. I need to trim the suckers off the crepe myrtle outside the garage, and I need to fix some of the garage door insulation...which means I need to put more tape on the insulation so it won't fall off. I think I can accomplish both of those chores in the morning before it gets too hot. NEWS FLASH: Blue Bell is making Root Beer Float ice cream. I read about it before I went to Mexico, and I bought a half gallon when I got back. Initial taste tests prove that it is pretty darned good, and it will only be made through 2025. I recommend it, you should go buy some, and if you don't like it, you can mail it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment