Friday, June 21, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 173/193, 2024 - Friday

Today was a good day...Paul decided he did not want to walk this morning, so I used that time to get caught up on a few things around the house before going in to the office. HUMMER ALERT: I saw one hummer visit three of the four feeders this morning, so that is a significant win on my part, very happy to see that at least one hummer knows the feeders are there, and I hope it will get better through the summer. I went in to the office and got my work done, and left at 12:30 for my 1 o'clock appointment to see if my iron/hemoglobin levels had increased enough for me to make a platelet donation. Just barely. I think the acceptable range is 13 to 18, and my level was 13. Good enough, and I donated platelets AND plasma today. I am glad to be back as a donor. I have a doctors appointment on Monday, my regular six month checkup, and I will ask him what I need to do to increase my levels. I bought a bunch of fresh spinach this afternoon, so there are at least a few 'iron rich' foods that will help get the levels back up. Plus the iron supplements I am taking every day. I won't go in to details about what effect the supplements are having on me, this is a family journal. I am going to leave in a few minutes and head to the airport, to pick up Val. His flight from Atlanta should arrive about 8:30, and Paulina and Oliver are still in Europe. That drive will also give me time to finish the book I am reading, Angela's Ashes. Oh dear, life in Ireland in the 1940's was not fun. Estate sales tomorrow, and that is always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment