Monday, August 3, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 215/150, 2026 - Monday

After the walk this morning, the only times I left the Curious House was to take the girls outside and to check the mail. I walked to the mail boxes at 4:20, and the mail had not yet been delivered. I will go back to check again tonight after 8 o'clock. Ugh. Since I am feeling pretty accomplished about the back-up battery, let me tell you about that task. To remove the old battery, I had to unscrew one screw and remove one little panel. The old battery came right out, so not a big deal. To REPLACE a new battery, I had to unscrew four more screws and take the entire face thing off the opener, and by doing that, I could put the new battery in. It was not the actual unscrewing that I am so proud of, but the fact that I found a different way of skinning that garage door opener cat. Good for the old guy! Tomorrow will be the ROMEO breakfast, and Wednesday I will be going in to Austin. Marian helped me figure out how to order quilts made out of all the t-shirts I have, so I will be going through t-shirts and cutting them apart for (probably) the next week or so. After that, I should have lots of room in the closets for NEW t-shirts. I will be sending 92 t-shirts to be made into two quilts, so that should fre up a little bit of space!

No comments:

Post a Comment