Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 216/149, 2026 - Tuesday

After the walk this morning, I chilled out for a little while before I got cleaned up and made it to our ROMEO breakfast. On the way, I stopped and picked up Bob, who we all hope will join us regularly. So, it was me, Paul, Rick and Bob. A good group, but I ordered way too big of a breakfast, so I brought biscuits home with me. After we left breakfast, we stopped at Galaxy Bakery and I brought two scones home with me, so I am covered for the next couple of breakfasts. Once we were getting ready to turn on to the Parkway, we saw that the traffic signal was flashing, so we are getting closer to having a signal to make left turns much easier. They are scheduled to be operating as signals a week from today. That is progress for sure, and the whole neighborhood is buzzing about it. That was about all I did for the day, until this evening; it was book club night, and we all had a great time. This months book was The Other Bennett Sister, and I think everyone enjoyed the book. It was an 18 hour listen, so it was a lengthy book. Next months book is Beyond the Wild River, a historical novel set in the 1890's. I just had to look that information up, because I had no idea what the book was about. It sounds interesting! Tomorrow, I will go in to Austin, and I have two things to get done while I am there, and I will make a stop at the VW place on the way home, they called today and they have received the VW replacement badge for the one they broke while it was in their shop. It is supposed to be only a 15 minute deal, so I will report that tomorrow. In the photo of the book club peeps, Marian is holding Richard and Marge, who joined remotely! Much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment