Saturday, August 15, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 227/138, 2026 - Saturday

Well, today turned out to be an interesting day, and kind of out of the ordinary for some parts of it. Of course it started with a nice walk. My knew is not pain free, but the pain is a different kind of pain, so not sure what to think. I looked up the particular injection that I had yesterday, and it said I should expect tremendous relief 'several weeks after the fifth injection.' Well, that means I have a little bit over a month to go. We shall see. Marian, Paulina, Judy and I went to two estate sales, they were not great, but everybody bought something. I spent about $30, I bought a couple odd pieces AND a couple (maybe three) sets of white towels. Bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths. I bought towels a while back, allegedly 'very absorbent' but not really. I could not get dry with those towels. The towels I got today, that Paulina took and washed and dried already, and (hopefully) are hopefully very absorbent. Val is a self proclaimed towel expert, and he tells me they are very good, high quality towels. Yippee! After the estate sale, we decided to go to Temple for lunch. At Buc-ee's. Paulina was on a quest to get an A&M t-shirt for herself, and they had just gone on sale. I had a brisket sandwich for lunch (there is no place to sit inside Buc-ee's, so we sat in the jeep). Really, honestly, going to Buc-ee's was just a cover for the real purpose, which was to go to GoGo's Treatery. We love that place. They have the best FrYo and pastries, cakes, cupcakes, etc. Absolutely the best. We made it home, no longer hungry, and it was time for a nap. Later in the afternoon, Val brought the freshly washed towels over, and when he left, the Piglet decided to leave a trail of blood from the front door to the bedroom. Val, Paulina and Oliver came over and got the Piglet's front right paw wrapped and got the bleeding stopped. Apparently, she chewed one of the nails on that pay practically off, and it is just hanging, hardly attached. There was blood EVERYWHERE. I have requested an appointment with the vet for Monday morning, we will see if that can be done. Time to call it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment