Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 230/135, 2026 - Tuesday

Paul decided not to walk this morning, so I took off by myself, and I took a different route, just to shake things up. I walked past the house in the photo that is accompanying this journal entry, and it is the SECOND house I put an offer on before I bought the Curious House. I looked at the Curious House at the same time I looked at the house in the photo, and they were built by the same builder. I actually liked the Curious House better, but I put an offer on the house in the photo and the lot next door, with the giant Oak Tree. The tree was intended to be the 'Jody Tree,' but it didn't work out, and I am totally happy with the way things worked out. I think Jody would have liked to have his own tree, and I still think of it as his tree. Walking a different route this morning put me in touch with a few different folks in the neighborhood, and it was fun. After the walk, Bob came and picked me up for the ROMEO breakfast, and Rick joined us as well. We had a great breakfast, and it was fun. I am pretty sure that is all I did for the rest of the day, but I did listen to more of the book, and got some stuff done in the office. Tomorrow I have a lunch date in Austin, and I may take care of a few chores on the way there and on the way home. The Piglet is doing fine, I don't think she is in any pain, but I did give her another pain pill tonight, just in case. That will likely make sure she doesn't bite at her foot through the night, she will likely be knocked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment