My friend Deb is visiting from Vancouver, WA...okay, she WAS visiting...she got here on Friday evening and right now she is on a plane heading home...but that is just a detail. I'll start over...my friend Deb was visiting from Vancouver, WA, and she had lunch with another couple friends in the neighborhood, Mike and Judy. I was asked to attend and I did, and it was a LOT of fun. We laughed and talked and caught up with lots of stuff, and the lunch was delicious. After lunch, I had planned to go to Target and HEB. On the way to Target, I talked myself in and out of going to either one of them at least four times, and Target is not that far from the Curious House. I did make it to Target, but I decided I could go to HEB tomorrow or the next day. We shall see. Otherwise, it was a very nice Sunday that was unhurried and untroubled. During my visit the Deb, Mike and Judy, I discovered my next book (before I start the September book club book; The Calamity Club, by Kathryn Stockett that also wrote The Help. Deb said she laughed out loud a lot while reading the book, and that is what I am looking forward to. However...it is a 29 hour listen on Audible, so I expect I need to start listening pretty quickly. Tomorrow I am having lunch with Jetta and Julie, and on Tuesday, I have an early morning meeting in Austin. That is as far as I have looked on my calendar, and...there is always tomorrow. Or Tuesday! THe photo is me, Deb, Judy and Mike.Sunday, August 9, 2026
Volume 18 - Day 221/144, 2026 - Sunday
My friend Deb is visiting from Vancouver, WA...okay, she WAS visiting...she got here on Friday evening and right now she is on a plane heading home...but that is just a detail. I'll start over...my friend Deb was visiting from Vancouver, WA, and she had lunch with another couple friends in the neighborhood, Mike and Judy. I was asked to attend and I did, and it was a LOT of fun. We laughed and talked and caught up with lots of stuff, and the lunch was delicious. After lunch, I had planned to go to Target and HEB. On the way to Target, I talked myself in and out of going to either one of them at least four times, and Target is not that far from the Curious House. I did make it to Target, but I decided I could go to HEB tomorrow or the next day. We shall see. Otherwise, it was a very nice Sunday that was unhurried and untroubled. During my visit the Deb, Mike and Judy, I discovered my next book (before I start the September book club book; The Calamity Club, by Kathryn Stockett that also wrote The Help. Deb said she laughed out loud a lot while reading the book, and that is what I am looking forward to. However...it is a 29 hour listen on Audible, so I expect I need to start listening pretty quickly. Tomorrow I am having lunch with Jetta and Julie, and on Tuesday, I have an early morning meeting in Austin. That is as far as I have looked on my calendar, and...there is always tomorrow. Or Tuesday! THe photo is me, Deb, Judy and Mike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment