Sunday, August 23, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 235/130, 2026 - Sunday

Holy Hell! It was 107 degrees in central Texas today, so I am considering changing my ways. 107 is too damn hot. At 9:30 this morning, Val and I went to an estate sale, and when we got there, we figured out that I had mis-read the advertisement, and there was NO estate sale there today. When we made it back home, I did not leave the house except to take the girls outside, and I think the rest of the city was doing the same. I would not be surprised to find out that retail sales cratered today, and probably delivery sales hit all time records. It's probably too late for me to make significant changes, so I may need to just get used to running around naked for the near-term. Or not. I have another appointment to take the Piglet back to the vet tomorrow morning, she is now experiencing 'gastro-intestinal' difficulties. See what I did there, I cleaned that description up. Anyway, I will drop her off at the vet, then I have two meetings to attend in Austin, and everybody should be back home by 3 o'clock. I just got a call from Linda, and we are going to have ice cream in about 20 minutes, so that means this journal entry is almost done. I think the photo accompanying this entry is a moth, not a butterfly. I used to think these were butterflies, but I was corrected, so now i think this is a moth. See, an old dog can be taught new tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment