It is miserably hot here in central Texas, even at 5:30 in the morning. That is what time I got out of bed this morning, let the girls out, made coffee and sat down at the desk. By about 6:10, I was covered in sweat and still needed to water the plants in the back yard. Walking was okay, but it is just hot and really humid. We are expecting a 'front' to come through, which will, maybe, lower the humidity but not the temperature. After the walk, Paulina came over for coffee, and then I went to get my hair cut. Birds Barber Shop is kind of an Austin famous tradition, and I remember when they opened the first shop in (about) 2006. They opened a new store in Georgetown, a couple days late, and I was the first customer of the new store, and I got a free haircut. Nothing wrong with that! After the haircut, called the place that cancelled my injection appointment, just inquiring about, it is just an injection, isn't there someone else there that can administer the injection? After waiting about 15 minutes, the answer was no. Whatever. VP and I went in to Taylor for dinner tonight, the intention was to go to the Circleville Restaurant, but when we got there at 5, the sign said the kitchen was closed until 5:30. We will remember that for future visits. We went to Plowman's Kitchen, which is in a former elementary school in Taylor. It reminds me very much of the elementary school I went to in Michigan. I had a chicken fried steak that was very good, and now I am about ready to call it a night. Estate sales tomorrow, only two, but I expect it will be fun...we always have fun at estate sales, and I wonder what I might find that I didn't know I needed.Friday, August 21, 2026
Volume 18 - Day 233/132, 2026 - Friday
It is miserably hot here in central Texas, even at 5:30 in the morning. That is what time I got out of bed this morning, let the girls out, made coffee and sat down at the desk. By about 6:10, I was covered in sweat and still needed to water the plants in the back yard. Walking was okay, but it is just hot and really humid. We are expecting a 'front' to come through, which will, maybe, lower the humidity but not the temperature. After the walk, Paulina came over for coffee, and then I went to get my hair cut. Birds Barber Shop is kind of an Austin famous tradition, and I remember when they opened the first shop in (about) 2006. They opened a new store in Georgetown, a couple days late, and I was the first customer of the new store, and I got a free haircut. Nothing wrong with that! After the haircut, called the place that cancelled my injection appointment, just inquiring about, it is just an injection, isn't there someone else there that can administer the injection? After waiting about 15 minutes, the answer was no. Whatever. VP and I went in to Taylor for dinner tonight, the intention was to go to the Circleville Restaurant, but when we got there at 5, the sign said the kitchen was closed until 5:30. We will remember that for future visits. We went to Plowman's Kitchen, which is in a former elementary school in Taylor. It reminds me very much of the elementary school I went to in Michigan. I had a chicken fried steak that was very good, and now I am about ready to call it a night. Estate sales tomorrow, only two, but I expect it will be fun...we always have fun at estate sales, and I wonder what I might find that I didn't know I needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment