Monday, August 10, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 222/143, 2026 - Monday

In the very early evenings of the last several days, I have had notifications on my phone: Lightning has been detected in your area. No. It hasn't. Not in my area, although I am not sure how they define 'my area.' But also, if there is lightning, you would think there would be a drop or two of rain. Nope. Just really warm (hot) days and really high humidity. Ugh. I will continue to complain about this for another seven or eight weeks, so just sit down and be quiet. Today is Melody's birthday and it was fun to talk briefly with her and Bruce. I think they are all heading out for dinner later tonight. Melody is who planned Jody's and my wedding back in 2013. I went in to Austin this afternoon and had a late lunch with Jetta and Julie, always a lot of fun, we talked and trashed people, and laughed and had a good time. There was not much else that needed to be done after lunch, but I did break down and made a stop at HEB. I filled the little white car up with gas, and bought a few things inside the grocery. I expect I will make another stop at HEB later this week, since I am kind of close to running out of ice cream, and if you know me, you know I cannot let that happen! No walk or ROMEO breakfast for me tomorrow, I have an early appointment in Austin tomorrow, so I will be leaving the Curious House at about 7 or 7:15 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment