Saturday, August 29, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 241/124, 2026 - Saturday

I stayed in bed longer today than I have in probably at least the last year. I did not have to get out of bed, so I didn't. When I did get up, I got ready and went to lunch with Holly and Gavin. After that, I met Philip and Vanessa to three estate sales. OMG, they were not really that good. There were a few things I picked up and looked at, but nothing is so overpriced as estate sale items in San Antonio! Then back to the hotel, we sat in the bar for a while, then up to the room to get ready for the installation ceremony. My friend Tony from Lubbock was installed tonight as the 2027 Chairman of Texas REALTORS®, and he is a great choice for that office. The photo accompanying this entry is of me and a bunch of friends and colleagues from Austin, and we had a really great time. I do not need to stay for the Board of Directors meeting tomorrow, so I expect I will be on the road headed north by about 8 or 8:30. That will get me back to the Curious House and the girls at a reasonable time in the morning, and it will be good to get back home. I may even look at estate sales and hit a few. We shalll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment