Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Fifteen...

It is even too hot for the chickens. When I got home from work this afternoon, I took a brief nap while the news was on, and then I changed my clothes and went outside to feed the chickens. Jody had let them out of their pen and they were out wandering around somewhere. Tonight I found them under some of the antique rose bushes that were around Aunt Mary's house years-and-years ago. Five of them came out from under the bushes eagerly, but one of them wanted no part of it. It was all I could do to coax that chicken out from under the rose bush. AND THEN, when I got them all in the pen, they all went in the coop and could have cared less about the bread crumbs and cole slaw mix I had for them. I think it is just too hot. They were in the coop at the water trough, so maybe they know better about what they are doing. I hope so...

It was over 100 degrees here today again, officially 100 and something in Georgetown, but Austin did not officially break the 100 degree mark. I don't care much what anyone says, there is not that much difference between 99 degrees and 102 degrees. It is still HOT.

Free photos being taken at the Board tomorrow, so I will be busy doing some extra fine grooming in the morning. Free face shots is a big deal for real estate brokers!

Jody's cell phone has given up the ghost, so I think we are going to go and trade him up to another phone tomorrow. He already has an appointment in Austin, so that will work out nicely.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEW PHONES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment