Thursday, August 5, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Seventeen...

A beautiful sunrise this morning, although I am generally not in a position to take a picture to share when the best parts are visible, so I hope you will use your imagination to 'see' how beautiful it was. Of course it was also very warm this morning, so there is the possibility that this was more 'flames on the horizon' and not really a sunrise. Not sure which one it really was, but it shore was purty!

Okay, yes it is still hot here, and today was my day to deliver Meals-On-Wheels, something that I really enjoy doing. HOWEVER, when it is in the upper 90's at 11 o'clock in the morning, a good deal of walking, in-and-outs, stair climbing and general exercise of any sort (while wearing lined dress pants) is just not something that contributes to the general well-being of a person. Sitting in an air-conditioned room with fans and daiquiris all around is something that comes to mind, but it is what it is. Whatever... Anyway, I am still with my four-clients and we all seem to be in a holding pattern for the foreseeable future.

I went and put signs and lock-boxes on a couple properties this afternoon, and that trip encompassed about 50 miles; one was in Manor and the other was in far north Round Rock, and it was interesting to take the drive and get that completed. Life is good indeed!

When I got home, I watched part of the news with Jody, and then it was out to gather up chickens and put them back in their pen (with a little bit of bribery). I am not above bribery (for whatever) and I find that it works quite well in any number of instances. BUT, chickens are easy! This tree is between the bees and the big storage shed (that houses the chicken coop) and I am not sure how much longer it will last. I am trying to decide which way it will fall if-and-when it does, and I am also assuming it will be an event that will be sooner-than-later.

We are having meat loaf and sweet potatoes for dinner tonight, YUMMY! After dinner I will be obliged to watch 'Big Brother' my one televised reality show that I am (I am ashamed to say) addicted to. The seasons of Big Brother have really degraded to a car wreck kind of thing; can't stand to watch it but you can't stand not to, either. I should have a little more self-respect for myself, but obviously I don't.

I will head into the office tomorrow morning, and then be off to teach a class at the Board of REALTORS tomorrow afternoon. A Perfect Day!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FALLING TREES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment