Sunday, August 1, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Thirteen...

This was working its way towards a PERFECT WEEKEND, but then at the last minute, things happened. So, on a scale of 1 to 10 for a perfect weekend, and ten being perfect, I am giving this one a 9.9. You will see how this is all coming about. TO begin, I absolutely love New Mexico Bird of Paradise plants, and we saw this one yesterday on our adventures on the way to Georgetown. I think they are absolutely gorgeous bloomers, and I wish we had a couple of them. I am not sure why we don't, we just don't. End of story! But they are magnificent!

I got almost everything on my to-do-list accomplished, except for greasing up the air show in the front of the property close to the road. The air show is the whirly-gig that I got Jody for our anniversary. It just needs a good lubricating so it will 'whirly' a little be better when it is in the mood to 'gig'. Anyway, I did get the grass cut all around the house (which means shredding the high grasses), and I got the figs picked (I wore latex surgical gloves to do it, because the sticky stuff on the figs will not wash off and it is sticky for DAYS). That may be the last of the fig picking for this year, although if I see more figs ripening, I will most likely go and pick them, cause I really do not want to let them go to waste. There are starving children in China...Whatever...

Jody and I went into Georgetown and did a little bit of shopping and errand running, which, of course, included spoilers at the Dairy Queen. We got back from that and we both went down for naps. When we work up, we watched 'Julia & Julie' that we have had from NetFlix for a couple months. Now we can send the three films back. We kind of did a movie marathon this weekend, in addition to everything else. ANYWAY, we both enjoyed the film very much, and are glad we had it to watch. This is a random shot of some trumpet vine blooms that seem to have decided to have a second blooming this year. Very nice!

Just about the time I was going out to clean the chicken coop, I saw Jody walking quickly from the front of the property and chickens clucking. It seems the dog was chasing the chickens, and Jody went to the rescue and got the bees a little bit perturbed. He was not stung, but they were swarming around him. ANYWAY, I commenced to clean the coop, give them fresh feed and fresh water, but there was one chicken missing. SO, Jody and I went back to try and find the missing chicken, and I was counseling Jody to steer clear of the bees since they were not happy at all, and that is just about the time I got stung! CRAP! And a couple other good words thrown in just for the heck of it. I got stung right behind the ear, kind of in the fold between my ear lobe and my neck, but more in the ear lobe part. SO, of course now my ear lobe is swollen up to the size of a grape fruit, and if this goes as usual, it will remain this way until about Thursday. PERFECT. If you look closely at this photograph, you will see the little baby 'walking stick' in the center of the photo. If the chickens see it, it will be a goner for sure!

See why I am rating this one a 9.9?

Whatever...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SWOLLEN LOBES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment