Monday, August 16, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Twenty Eight...

Have I mentioned to you lately that it is hot? Well, it still is.

Last night after I posted my entry, we had a visit from Vince, the mad who made the Air Show that was Jody's Anniversary Gift this year. I was on the phone, and I noticed a truck driving very slowly past the house, and then the truck backed-up and did that at least twice. The next thing I knew, the truck was coming down the driveway, and so I went out to see who it was (of course wearing my usual outfit, boxers and a t-shirt). It was Vince, and he was just checking out the Air Show to see how it was doing. He also had a sheet metal cupola in the back of his truck, so I took this photo of it. Very interesting, and he said the man he built it for wanted a 'Monk' on it, so here it is. Vince is really a very talented artist, and I love walking through his work shop. I will be back over there very soon.

Still hot! Have I mentioned that? Just checking. In my car on the way home, the thermometer was registering 106 degrees; the official high temperature for today was 105 degrees, and our newly revived nuclear weather station reported it to be 112 degrees. I can tell you, it felt every bit of 112 degrees this afternoon when I went out to feed the chickens. I also spoke with our friend Mike in Florida this afternoon, and he said a friend of ours in Memphis reported the heat index there to be 117 degrees. What in the hell...or, well, maybe that is it! Who knows?

Spotted these clouds when I was not too far from the house this afternoon, and our illustrious weather prognosticators are reporting a 30% chance of a thundershower later this evening. We would really like that to come true, but you never can tell. These days we are getting really excited about a 10% chance. Whatever...

Tomorrow should be a pretty peaceful day, two meetings (one included lunch) and then Wednesday and Thursday will bot be late nights; evening meetings, so I will not even get home wither night til about 10:30. I hope I make it!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN?, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment