Saturday, August 21, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Thirty Three...

Okay, so among other things I wanted to get accomplished today, one of them was to clean the little garden fountain that is on the front porch. Jody had reported that it had quit working, so he had unplugged it. We got lots of things accomplished today, and this was on the list, so I told him I was going to go out and take care of the fountain. I reached inside the hole in the back of the fountain, and I was unhooking the little pump from the hose that pumps the water up...and the fu**ing hose started moving, and writhing in the water. THERE WAS (and still is as of this writing) A FU**ING SNAKE IN THE FOUNTAIN. And, you can rest assured, it scared the SH*T out of me. Of course, it did not scare me badly enough that I could not take a photo (okay, three photos) of it for the blog, but believe me, it scared me! At the moment, the fountain is on its side and we are hoping the snake will take the hint and slither on off so I will not have to 'cowboy up' and deal with it later.

This morning, I put my bee suit on and went out and cut grass around the bee hives. As it turned out, the bees paid little attention to me (okay, they totally ignored me), but I expect if I had not suited up, I may well have regretted it. Recently in Austin, a man was cutting his grass and was stung several hundred times. I think that was a fluke, they were not Africanized, they were just 'in transit' and he was in the wrong place. He was hospitalized in serious condition, but I am pretty sure he has been released.

After that, I cut grass in the dogs yard, and around the edges of the beds, in anticipation of getting more serious later with the riding lawn mower. I made an egg loaf for breakfast, and then Jody and I went off to the Bartlett Library and then into Davilla and Holland, then to Taylor for spoilers at the Dairy Queen, then to Tractor Supply for a few things, then home. When e got home, Jody went down for a nap, and I went out and cut 'at' more grass. Then it was time to jump in the pool, and clean the skimmers, etc.

After that is when I stuck my hand in the 'snake fountain'. Enough said.

I think we are going out to dinner later tonight. The Filling Station Restaurant in Bartlett is closing on Monday, so we are going to do our 'swan song' there. We are both sorry that they will be closing.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHECK FOR SNAKES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment