Saturday, August 14, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Twenty Six...

Okay, well, in reality, I might have been somewhat less than honest in yesterdays post. You see, I actually did take a few photos yesterday, a couple before the entry, and a couple after the entry was published. So, in today's entry, I will post 50% of the photos I took yesterday, with lines and paragraphs beside each one.

This first photo is one I took as I was getting close to home. I saw this 'red thing' floating around in the sky, and was not sure what it was. Still not sure. Anyway, it was kind of circling around, and I thought at first it might be one of the para-gliders that come around here every now and then. Finally, I turned onto CR 302, and got to a place where I could stop the car and get out to look at it. It looked kind of like a mylar 'thing' kind of balloon like, but it was in four sections. Not any kind of a mylar balloon that you find at the grocery. And, it could go forward and back, and then back again. I have no idea what it was, but it was interesting.

Then after publishing last nights post, I went out to put the chickens to bed, and took this photo of them 'roosting' outside their coop. Tomorrow I will fix them a higher roost inside the coop, and they may be more amenable to going inside the coop in the evenings. As the days are getting shorter, I expect they will go in their coops earlier and earlier. That is what I believe, but we will wait and see.

Today was a great day, I did very little of anything. I went and had my car serviced this morning; 110,000 mile service. Then I put new batteries in our outdoor nuclear weather station. Last week when we had that little bit of rain, there was one good lightning clap, and either that static electricity shorted out something, or the batteries just failed coincidentally. Either way, there are new batteries in everything, and all is back to normal again.

We of course went into Georgetown and stopped at the Dairy Queen for spoilers. Then Jody made a quick pass through HEB, and I made a quick pass through Tractor Supply. We got home and (according to routine) both went down for naps.

Tomorrow I intend to feed the cattle, and move a fresh bale of hay out there for them. I am thinking about trying to spend more time out there with the cattle to see if they will become a little bit more sociable with me. You never know!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, UFO's, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment