Monday, August 23, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Thirty Five...

This pretty much says it all. Nothing left to say. If the temperature reading is accurate, then the forecast for rain must be accurate as well, don't you think? The official high temperature in Austin today was 105 degrees, and our other nuclear powered weather station reported 112 degrees (and that one is 'fer sher' in the shade. The one that is displayed here is on a pole under the patio cover, and it tends to get a little bit of late afternoon sun directly on it. I can believe the 112 degree reading, but I think 118 degrees is pushing it a little bit.

Today was the first day of school for the Austin system, and I was taking no chances in traffic. I left early both ways, and had very little problems with the traffic. Yippee for me! I got a lot of work done in the office, and am pretty well prepared for three meetings I have scheduled for tomorrow.

The chickens were ready to go back into their pen when I went out there with some food for them. Once they get back into their pens, the first thing they do is go for the water. This hot temperature can take a toll on a chicken, there is no doubt about that.

Just finished dinner; Talapia with some of Pauline's Pepper Jelly. Delicious!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PEPPER JELLY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment