Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Twenty Three...

Yippee-Skippee! RAIN! We had a little bit of rain today, and there is hope for some more later this evening. While in Austin today, the skies opened up around 3 o'clock, and there was a very nice little downpour. I called Jody, and of course there had not been a drop. Lots of lightning (brilliant) and thunder too. Later on, I was on my way home (via a listing in Round Rock) and it began to rain again. Then it quit. Then when I got to Georgetown, it rained again. Then it quit. BUT, when I got home, our rain gauge had about a quarter-inch in it, so that is LOVELY! Come on and rain some more!

Nice day today, a couple meetings this morning, a lovely lunch this with my friend Bryan, and then back to the office to get some work done. Tom and I went to visit a couple properties, and that was all good, although one of them was supposed to be vacant, and it is not, so that is a problem. We have new tenants moving in later this week, so that creates an opportunity! FUN!

The chickens were running around when I got home, and they had been somewhere sheltered, because they were all dry, not a bit damp even. I was suspicious that we had a new calf in the back because I did not recognize one of the calfs back there, but after dinner Jody and I went back and there were no new ones, and all were present and accounted for.

A calm day tomorrow I hope, usual property management meeting and Meals-On-Wheels. Good stuff!

Changes, Actions, Deeds, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment