Friday, August 20, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Thirty Two...

Just in time for the price of eggs to hit $15 or $20 a dozen and the great egg-shortage to be the lead-off stories on all the national news programs, our chickens should be getting close to laying-age. They were pretty darn happy to see me this afternoon, when I went out to herd them into their pen. Jody had not let them loose the last couple of days because I was working late, and would not be in until 9 or 10 o'clock, which would have been WAY TOO LATE to find chickens if they did not automatically go into their coops. I think they would have cooped themselves, but no reason to tempt fate, so we both just chose not to deal with it.

ANYWAY, they were happy for my offerings of figs, cole-slaw mix and bread cubes. Pretty darn contented chickens if I do say so myself.

Today was a pretty good day at work. I had a 9 o'clock meeting this morning, and spent the rest of the day leisurely taking care of office details. I left the office about 3:15 and headed for home, and was happily ensconced in my big chair in front of the television by about 4:30. In-and-out of napping situations for the next couple hours, and getting ready to enjoy a nice dinner.

The four o'clocks are really getting big, but they still do not seem to be blooming. There are lots of buds but no evidence of REAL full fledged blooms. It is really an unusual thing.

Looking forward to an uneventful weekend, and a couple spoilers along the way!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAPPY CHICKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment