Sunday, February 13, 2011

2011 - Day Forty Four; Sunday...

A good day for Winter Meeting. Actually, I stayed in the bed until after 7 o'clock, and then I got up and started getting ready to show property to some clients. I had reservations in the Hotel for another night, but I decided to check-out early, since the first thing I need to do on Monday is a luncheon, certainly will give me time to get there without too much trouble. And then on Tuesday, the final day or the conference, I have a breakfast in the morning and then some Directors meetings, and then that will be the end of it!

I attended several really good meetings and committee meetings today. This is a photo of me and Susan Horton at the TREPAC Fund Raising Committee Meeting. Susan and Pam came up with a great idea during the meeting, and we were charged (in our various groups) of coming up with ideas for a commercial to be produced by the Association. Our group won the contest, so we are supposed to have a TREPAC commercial produced by the Association. That will be fun. Interestingly, I am not a big participant in working in groups like that at meetings, but I was coerced by my group, and everything went well. Fortunately, I had a good group; Susan, Pam, Sytha and Anna. I am wondering now if I am leaving anyone out, but I don't think so.

After that meeting we all went up to one of the Hospitality Suites while we waited for our next function. It was a beautiful day in Austin, and there were lots of people taking advantage of the weather. Before long, we will all be complaining about the heat, so we need to take advantage of this lovely weather while we can. This is a view from the 14th floor overlooking Lady Bird Lake (fka Town Lake). I have seen these little Swan paddle Boats before, but they are really cute and fun to do on the day before St. Valentine's Day. I hope everyone is prepared for the day, and if not, consider yourselves warned!

Once we finished our last meeting, many of us went to the bar where I had one glass of wine before I headed home. True to my earlier predictions, the Winter Meeting was really a veritable gold-mine of women willing to have photos of their feet and shows taken. AND, it is official...after a drink or two, there is EVEN LESS hesitation for photos taken, and the proof will be visible in this blog in the coming days. Stay tuned! However, for this entry, I am using this photo of a true Texan's Formal Foot Wear. What could better represent Austin or the Lone Star State than these lovely boots? Right, NOTHING!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SWAN BOATS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment