Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2011 - Day Thirty Two; Tuesday...

I hate days that I am caught up in small stuff, because I know I should not worry about small stuff. Today has brought several small things to my plate and continue to cause me emotional concern, all business related. I just wish everyone would take the high road, deal the hand they are dealt and go on about life even if they do not ALL get EVERYTHING that they wanted on a silver platter. Everything is not a win-win situation, and sometimes you just have to face the consequences of your actions. I have had to put on my big-boy-panties many times and OWN THE MISTAKE I made. IT is not fun or pleasant, but it is what you have to do. The main problem (or opportunity) I have had to face today is the loss of respect I had for individuals. You do not have to be friends or comrades with a person to respect them and what they do. Respect is something that is earned along with your reputation. Both are easily lost. It is like the opposite of the extra pounds many of us carry around, they were easy to put on but hard to take off. My respect for you and your reputation are hard things to earn but they can be catastrophically damaged in an instant.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

SO, I have chosen to take the easy way out with my theme entries for this Month of February. Yes, that's right boys and girls, this months theme will be 'LADIES SHOES'! And maybe some men's shoes thrown in just for emphasis. READER NOTICE: ALL PHOTOGRAPHS PUBLISHED IN THESE THEME ENTRIES WERE TAKEN WITH THE PERMISSION OF THE PERSON WEARING THE SHOES. They might look like I had to crawl under a desk to take some of them, but really, I did (and will) have every ones permission. AND NO, I am not going to give out any names (real or imagined) and phone numbers. Just cut and paste and glue them to your wall and do with them what you will. How do you like this first one?

As I so eloquently pined last night, it is as cold as whatever here in central Texas. HOW COLD IS IT? It was expressed to me today that it is as cold as a shrews ti*s in a brass bra. Now that is cold! I think we are as prepared for it as we can be; well maybe we could be more prepared if our homes and plumbing systems were constructed with just a little better insulation. I am not sure if there is anything I can do for the cattle, the chickens have a heat lamp but that will not help when their water freezes, and I am not sure if it will thaw out tomorrow or not. I am not really worried about any of the livestock, they should do just fine, it is really the pipes I am a little bit worried about, but there is not much more I can do about that right now, either.

Tomorrow will be a day of teaching for me, TREC Legal Update and TREC Ethics. I really do enjoy teaching those classes. I hope the weather cooperates!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COLD WEATHER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment