Friday, February 4, 2011

2011 - Day Thirty Five; Friday...

If it was rain, I would call it at a half-inch, BUT it was SNOW, which means we call the whole thing off! Close up shop, call in sick, stay home, take pictures and bore each and all of our friends with our cute descriptions of our dogs peeing in the snow for the first time in recent memory. Well, not me or any of my friends of course, because we are all really cool, and really are excellent photographers and story tellers.

I had every intention of going into the office today, but I changed my mind. I did stay in bed late, and the snow all over everything was really pretty, but now it has pretty much all melted. After a late breakfast, I took Jody's truck and delivered eggs to both sets of our neighbors, Randy and Irene and Pauline an Hubert. Pauline returned the favor with two loaves of pumpkin bread, yummy! After that, I headed off to Schwertner (kind of to test the roads) and made a stop at the bank and post office. Total mileage was about four and a half miles, but it was enough to make my mind up that if I did not HAVE to go into Austin, good sense would dictate that I just stay at home. I did let the girls loose this morning, and they did not really know what to make of the snow, so I am posting this picture of them leaving their coop looking somewhat dismayed. How many pictures have you seen so far of CHICKENS IN THE SNOW? I am thinking not that many!

When I got home from the errands, Jody and the boy were out in the front yard, so I thought I would get a picture of them to share with you as well. I had chili for lunch (I can't believe I ate the whole thing) and Jody had an egg salad sandwich. Then we both went down for naps, but I was repeatedly awakened by phone calls. Some folks just do not know how to react to a free-day!

Finally, I went out and fed the cattle, and they are all doing fine. The new calf is DEFINITELY A BOY, and will soon be an IT, unless I can find someone that would like a really nice Bull for their breeding stock. He is a really pretty one. Everyone was very happy to see the extra feed today, and they are all very happy with the fresh greens in the pasture and the nice bales of hay. Happy Campers!

Here is today's entry in the ladies shoe journal! This is what happens when the weather turns cold in Austin; people have a tendency to become sensible. Who ever heard of sensible shoes?

Tomorrow I will need to go into Taylor to get some feed and that will make a nice destination. Life is good!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SNOW (AGAIN), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment