Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011 - Day Thirty Seven; Sunday...

Well, sorry if you saw this picture posted on my FaceBook page last night, but I think it is worth a repeat. When I was going out to put the girls to bed last night, I saw this owl fly out of a tree up between the house and the road. I kind of watched where he/she went, and walked down the driveway trying not to scare him/her off. I got a few good pictures, but none of them are great, it was definitely twilight, and the camera is a $79 job. BUT you can kind of get the idea here. About a week ago, I told Jody I heard an owl in the front when I went out to get a newspaper. At the time, I kind of thought it had a bunny or something, I could hear the owl and then I would hear another call...not really distress, but not the same as the hoo-hoo of the owl. I kind of heard that noise again last night, too, so maybe it is a mama owl with a young one. Not sure. I have a pretty good idea where the nest is, so this morning, when I went out to let the girls loose, I gave a talk to the nest and let the owl know we were not going to hurt it; it can have an occasional bunny (don't go crazy), all the mice it can eat, BUT LEAVE THE CHICKENS ALONE! I thin I got the point across. I think animals can understand what we are trying to get across to them, and as long as we all respect each other, we can all get along. You have to set boundaries, too.

A beautiful day here again, high temperatures in the 70's again. I went into Austin and showed some Buyer clients a couple houses, that was nice. I stopped and did a couple errands too before I headed back to the country. When I got home, Jody and went into Georgetown and had hot fudge sundaes.

On the way home, we stopped by Vince's house. Vince is the guy that is just a good old boy who does metal sculptures, and he is the guy that I bought the 'air-show' from for Jody's Anniversary present last year. In all the winds we have experienced lately, the propellers have come off two of the planes, and he told me I could come by and he would give me some longer screws to attach them. His newest creation is this trio of frogs that are really great. AND, if you hook them up near a pond or something, each of them spew water. I can not believe the creativity this guy comes up with, putting together pieces of scrap metal in his work shop. He plays the accordion, too! While we were there, one male peacock (makes sense) and a very white pea-hen came across the road to visit. They just thought they would stop by to see what was going on.

When we got home, I went out and took a fresh bale of hay out to the cattle. It is not supposed to be AS cold this week, but it is still going to hovering around the freezing mark. SO, they are set for a while anyway. All are accounted for and doing nicely. We got five eggs from the girls today, and they are doing well still.

Speaking of wind, the winds have been blowing crazily for two or three weeks. It is still blowing, and the turbines are busy generating like mad. It has really been helpful when it was so cold. The winds have turned from the north again, and it is getting chilly outside right now, but we have a nice fire in the stove, so all is good.

Unfortunately, most foods that taste really good are really bad for you, and the cheaper food is the worse it is for you. The one exception to that rule is Ketchup. Ketchup is probably the healthiest food there is in the 'red-food' category. Do not say anything bad about ketchup. Everything goes better with ketchup. I am seemingly on a ketchup kick because we just got home from the Denny's in Jarrell. Food was actually pretty good (must be really bad for us, health-wise) but the service was (as usual) somewhat lacking. But, we knew what we were in for and we went anyway. No sense in complaining.

I could not find any women's shoes I wanted to take photos of today, so I stole this off the Internet. These are the strangest shoes I could find, and believe me, it was hard to narrow it down to this pair. Enjoy!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WIND-CITY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment