Thursday, February 3, 2011

2011 - Day Thirty Four; Thursday...

Well, so far, so good. Our temperatures have been below freezing now for about 48 hours, and that is totally unheard of in central Texas. They say it has been twenty years or more since we have experienced this. Hopefully we will warm up on Saturday, and hopefully when things start to thaw out there will not be too many frozen pipes...we shall see!

I actually stayed in bed for about an extra hour this morning, not really sure whether I would be going into the office of not. But, it was only cold, nothing else. I left later than usual, and traffic was not really bad at all, I think a lot of people decided to stay at home. Good for them. NOW, it is being forecast that we will even get some snow overnight tonight, maybe as early as 9 o'clock tonight. I really do not expect things to be bad in the morning, but we shall see.

Here is the third entry in the themed journal for February. I kind of like these cow-girl boots, I especially like boots with pointy toes. So far there has been no comments on this years theme, and I am still looking for volunteers. So far no volunteers, but no one has called the police either when I asked if I could take a picture of their shoes.

Work was actually kind of slow today, but I did have some extra clients on my Meals-On-Wheels route. Sometimes the clients are slow in coming to their doors, and I could really tell how cold it was. I had on a pair of gloves, but I really did not have on an adequate jacket for standing on someones front porch. All my clients were happy to see me this morning, and that made it all extra nice!

Something about the one snow-flake we are girding for makes the magnetic attraction to HEB something that I cannot restrain myself against. I really wanted to stop at the grocery store on the way home, and stock up with Twinkies and donuts, but I settled for two oranges. I would have also bought some grapes, but I could not find them, I guess I was just not looking in the right place. As usual, I took my camera inside the store with me, you never know when you will see something that needs to be documented; as I was putting the camera in my pocket, I wondered what would happen if someone protested to me taking a picture of something and the Police discovered I have five or six photos of women's shoes on the memory card. AND, this grocery is in Williamson County, so they would probably put me UNDER the jail. BUT, I got in-and-out with no confrontations, and all ended nicely.

I got home and could see all the cattle in the pasture, some grazing and some eating the hay, so there was no need to really do anything special for them. I will probably feed them again tomorrow when I get home from work, giving them a little extra feed during this really cold weather. The chickens gave us five eggs today, and while Jody was out today, he picked up another infra-red bulb that we now have trained on their dish of water, we are seeing if that will work to keep their water from freezing. Them not having water is really my only concern right now. I think we have been really lucky, no frozen pipes or anything, so I will keep my fingers crossed that our luck holds out.

I think tomorrow will be interesting, and then it will be on to the weekend.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SNOW (AGAIN), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment