Monday, February 7, 2011

2011 - Day Thirty Eight; Monday...

Almost finished with this day. Lots of accomplishments in the office, but it is almost as if there was not really a snow day just three days ago. AND, I am really not sure if it was worth it or not. I have succeeded in getting things ready for a meeting tomorrow night, got it all pulled together, and everything balances! It will be a good meeting, but it will make for a really late and long day.

On the way home this afternoon, it took me over an hour to go about seven miles. I finally got to the cause of the slow-down, and I am telling you, I know there were some survivors in the wreck, but I am not sure how ANYONE could have survived. The television news said an 18-wheeler crushed a black pick-up truck into the concrete barrier and drug it for a couple hundred feet. I know there were some survivors, but, imagine your head in a vice; that is what the truck looked like. Crushed sideways, not front to back. It was like someone put that truck in a compactor that you would see at a junk yard. When I called Jody after I saw the wreck, I did not even know it was a truck! Incredible what engineering can do now, and how vehicles are built to withstand wrecks, and how people can walk away from accidents like that.

Finally got home, and thankful for that. I travel that road a lot, and I am a really lucky person. Once I was home, there was some video of the crash-scene, and it was interesting. THEN, I went out and fed the chickens, and went back to check on the cattle. They must not be that hungry because the really did not pay me much attention. Supposed to get cold again on Wednesday for another couple of days, and so I will probably give them some 'creep on Wednesday afternoon. We got three eggs from the girls this afternoon, they are obviously taking a rest.

Tomorrow will be a long day, but before I 'check-out' here is today's entry in the shoe-a-thon for February. Hope you like this one. This is actually a photo I took back in the summer, when I was only contemplating this journal theme. It is and remains interesting the discussions you can get started when you ask women if you can take a picture of their feet. It has given me a whole new appreciation of the subject, and the trouble women go to to make their feet look attractive. I really don't bother that much, thanks just the same!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CAR WRECKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment