Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2011 - Day Forty; Wednesday...

Let's cut the crap and get right to the bottom line. Who cares about wind-chill? Not me, not right now anyway. I just got back in the house from checking on the cattle and feeding the chickens, and I could give a crap about the wind chill. Let's talk about the face-chill. How about the nose-chill? I think I may be suffering from hypothermia right now. I am frost-bit. I am having difficulty wiggling my digits; and heaven forfend if you can't wiggle your digits. It is cold!

Okay, back to an orderly journal entry...I hit the road about 7:30 this morning and I did not really have any trouble with the icy conditions that were being trumpeted on all the morning news stations. I think I left just at the right time. I have to admit, there were times when I seriously considered turning around, but for some reason, I went on. All was well, but some folks were driving a little bit too fast for me, but I stayed the course. It took me a couple hours to get to the Board, but all was good. Along the way, since I was driving about 20 miles per hour (that was the rapid part of the trip) I decided to call friends from coast-to-coast. Okay, well, really mostly the east coast, I did not want to call anyone and wake them up. But it was fun.

All was pretty good today, there were some challenges. Cussed at, called names; whatever. The rest of the week will be okay, and the next five days or so will be pretty busy.

Amazingly, it is getting easier and easier for me to take photos of ladies shoes. Hardly anyone wants to take a shot at me anymore when I ask, and so I have a couple photos in reserve. Unfortunately, the cold weather is causing a lot of 'boot-action'. But, well, boots are in right now!

Oh, and we got six eggs from the girls today. They must like this cold weather crap!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BOOTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment