Monday, February 21, 2011

2011 - Day Fifty Two; Monday...

Temperatures in the mid 80's in central Texas, and it is February. We are expecting a cold front just any minute, and it is expected to lower the temperatures for ONE DAY. WOW! Then the rest of the week is expected to be above normal. Hopefully there will be a little bit of rain that accompanies the 'cold front' but probably not. We are in the middle of another drought, and that is what happens in this part of the country. I think, however, that we can expect extremes in the climate more often in the future than in the past. This is a photo of one of my favorite subjects, CLOUDS. I love clouds, and out here in the country, we get to see lots of sky and every now and then a few clouds! Lovely!

It was a pretty good day in the office today, and as anticipated, it was a day devoted to getting my desk cleared off. That was somewhat successful, but there is still some work to do. Tomorrow (for the most part) will be another day in the office, but I will not have as much time for myself as I did today. We are having an office meeting tomorrow afternoon, and Willie from the Austin Board of REALTORS will be back with us to teach us even more stuff!

I have (and most of us at the office have) a subscription to Carbonite.com and discovered that it was not working. SO, Tom (our very able bodied assistant, able to circumvent tall problems with a single-bound) was unable to figure it out, which led me to CALL their customer service number (telephone numbers are BURIED in the web-site to avoid actual telephone calls at all costs) and after a REASONABLE (whatever) hold time, I was able to speak with a nice man named ANDY who told me he was in India and that it was (approximately) 2:43 AM there assume that to be tomorrow morning. I am only getting into this because it was 3:13 PM in Austin, which means they have different time in India, not only in HOURS but also in MINUTES. I kept trying to explain to 'ANDY' that I thought the minutes should be the same anywhere in the world, but he would have no part of it. I conceded that I really did not care as long as he would get the back-up 'back up and running' and he was very competent at that. For some reason, it had quit on February 8th, but is is (hopefully) working again. I will know tomorrow.

I mentioned this discrepancy of the minutes to Tom and Karla, and Karla reported that she doubts that all countries (in fact very few countries) are slaves to the clock like we are in the United States. She said they might not have set the clock in India for the last two or three years. Sounds totally reasonable to me, and I shall not question it anymore.

I left the office early today, about 3:30, and made it home with no real issues. Traffic was also having a Holiday, so that was a little bit better than it would have ordinarily been, but it was still REALLY heavier traffic on the way home than I would have expected. I was actually surprised how many businesses were closed, but I am glad that many folks were actually able to recognize the occasion. These are not our cattle, but I just liked the markings on these and stopped to take a photo. I love the little calf markings, so it was worth a couple minutes to take the photo.

Here is an interesting fact about the differences between men's shoes and women's shoes. I have only a (comparatively speaking) few pairs of shoes. A couple brown pairs, a couple black pairs (one pink pair) and a couple more casual pairs and a couple pairs of farm boots. Okay, writing this journal makes it sound like I have about a dozen or so pairs of shoes. BUT WOMEN have DOZENS of pairs of shoes, it seems, and they have to get a new pair of shoes every time they get a new outfit AND they have to get a new purse (and maybe a wallet) as well. I am certain that I only have one wallet, if you don't count the old wallets that I don't use anymore but can't seem to work up the will to discard. I might need that leather some day. Who knows. ANYWAY, here is today's photo of the ladies shoes. It seems I was trying to get this model to show some leg, but that did not happen. SIGH!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment