Saturday, February 19, 2011

2011 - Day Fifty; Saturday...

Let me try to get this cleared up for you right from the git-go. The Walburg Classic is not, and has nothing to do with, and has nothing in common with a double-meat sandwich type of thing. They are not offered for sale at either Dale's Eisenhaus (home of the Walburger) or the more famous Walburg Restaurant. No, the Walburg Classic has nothing at all to do with culinary endeavors at all. It seems the Walburg Classic is a bike ride (or race) which is held annually in and around Walburg. I encountered it this morning (the first time) when I was headed off to teach class at the Board. Then I encountered it again when I was on my way home from teaching class. Then I encountered it twice more when Jody and I were heading off to Georgetown for a spoiler, and the same thing on our return trip. It made me really kind of nostalgic about bike riding. From 1998 until 2001 I was a pretty devoted bike rider, and those were really some of the best memories I have. I enjoyed it very much. Who knows...

Once we got home from Georgetown, I went out and fed the cattle and took two fresh bales of hay out to them. The cattle would be the first to correct me in that I actually took the hay bales out to them first AND THEN fed them. They were all totally confused. That was the FIRST TIME EVER that I had taken hay to them before I fed them. It was pretty much easier for me to do it that way, since I did not have to 'sneak' it to them. Mr. Speckles is a pushy boy, and he is ALWAYS right in the middle of everything that has to do with food. PLUS, it took all the challenges out of the cows trying to figure out who would be the Alpha-Cow. Pretty much no competition in that arena today. This is a photo of Violet, our first born. She is about three years old now, and she is really a shy-girl. One of the advantages to taking the hay out first was that Violet actually got a chance at the feed without being pushed around. She has already had a calf of her own, and we expect her to have another one this year.

This morning when I went out to get the newspaper, I heard TWO OWLS for the first time. AND I actually got to see them both. They were both just a few feet from each other on a telephone pole up by the road. They had their backs to each other, but you could definitely see them, and they were really pretty vocal. Later this afternoon, we could see the head and ears of one of them in the nest. I like having the Owls close by, pretty darned interesting.

Here is today's photo of women's shoes. TO tell yo the truth, these women's shoes are all beginning to run together in my brain. I cannot keep them all separated in my head, and I still cannot tell the difference between one shoe and another. I do know, however, what a mule is, and I know what a platform wedgie is. That, however, is about the extent of it!

We got four eggs from the girls today, and I changed their water. They are pretty happy, and I am glad of that.

Tomorrow may be an actual day off for me. Hope so. I have, however, just booked my Hotel reservation for a trip to the NAR Mid-Year meeting in Washington, DC. Sometime in May.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLASSICS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment