Saturday, February 26, 2011

2011 - Day Fifty Seven; Saturday...

It could have been a little sunnier today, but overall not a bad day. I slept until after 6 o'clock, and that in and of itself is kind of noteworthy. I got up just shortly before Jody, and did my chores and fetched the newspaper, made us a nice egg-loaf and then Jody and I headed off to Taylor to get some cattle feed. We did not get as much as I normally would have, because the truck would not start. Bummer! So I have the trickle charge on the truck now, and I will see if it starts tomorrow. I expect it will because that truck has not given us a minutes worth of trouble. Just one of those things. I cannot even remember the last time we started the truck, but I will bet it was the last time we got cattle feed, so I could probably look at my check book and figure that one out.

When we got home, we listened to 'Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me' and shortly after that I headed into Austin for an afternoon appointment to get a property management agreement signed by a new client. By the time I got home it was almost 4:30, and pretty much time to feed the girls. I have to tell you right from the get-go, chickens are not the smartest people on the planet! I suspect we have one chicken that suffers from 'egg reflux syndrome' or maybe even 'spastic laying syndrome'. Whatever it is, we are having broken eggs more and more frequently. The eggs are not falling or being pushed out of the nesting boxes, it is like one of the girls is laying eggs while they are on the roost. CRAZY!

Tomorrow I will go out and feed the cattle, and I think I am going to open up the far back pasture to them and close off one of the smaller pastures. I need to let the small pasture rest for a while and hopefully we will get a little bit of rain and get some fresh grass to grow. We shall see.
We are in the home stretch of the ladies shoes theme month, the final furlong as it were, and as always I will be glad when this theme is completed. I always think it is a good idea, but then shortly after the theme month begins, I am tired of it and feel constrained. Whatever...these self-imposed rules and regulations are just a little bit more than I think is necessary. BUT, I already have a couple good ideas for next year, so only time will tell.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BROKEN EGGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment